Sunday, February 11, 2007

Asher and I



Well, I know it's been a while but really I haven't seen, heard, or had anything interesting happen in my life as of recent. As of lately, I have been busy with basically schoolwork, sports(hockey fri. mornings and Indoor soccer thursday nights), and volunteering at the Living Rock. The Living Rock is a great place where I love going every Tuesday night to get away for myself but more importantly, where I can go and serve and help the staff there in whatever way possible but also I am able to create relationships with the youth there. I love seeing their smiles and how much of a great time they have being there, in a safe place where they can have a meal and enjoy the fellowship.

Today though, I went over to Rob and Karen Ennema's to see them, Judah(who has grown so much!) and their new baby Ashur. If you don't know the story about Asher, he was born prematurely and has been in the hospital for around 2 months or so and just last Friday he was able to come home. When I first saw him a couple days after he was born, his head was as small as my fist. He was so tiny and he was in an incubator. So cute!!! Today, I had the opportunity to be able to hold him, and he was so good with me, it was awesome(In case anyone doesn't know, I am known as Uncle Dan :) ) Today, he gave me what was probably his first high-five, it was so cute. There's nothing like holding a little baby in your arms and seeing him smile and open their eyes while holding them. It really is just so great watching these little bundles of life grow up, I mean, it feels like it was just yesterday when there was a huge snow storm and Judah was born; now he's 2 years old and running around and saying my name when I come over. Anyways, it was good times but now it's time to prep for a french test tomorrow. YEESH!!!

11 Comments:

At 2/12/2007 02:12:00 PM, Blogger Rebecca said...

Ahh - lucky you! he is a cutie and looks like his brother! good luck with your french test!

 
At 2/13/2007 01:44:00 PM, Blogger Rachel said...

awe - he is cute, if i do say so myself :). Glad you finally got to hold him! Isn't it great? Hope school is going well for you! Blessings,
Judah & Asher's Aunt Rachel :)

 
At 2/13/2007 11:09:00 PM, Blogger Dan Ponsen said...

Ya, he is totally a cutie! It was so cool holding a little baby again, reminds me of holding Judah when he was just born. School is going good, just trying to get through this week and then I am stress free for a week! How's your little one doing Becky?

 
At 2/16/2007 10:17:00 PM, Blogger Rebecca said...

our baby is doing ok! he crys alot lately so its very frustrating because you can;t always calm him but its amazing to see him grow and change each day! enjoy your stress free week!

 
At 3/14/2007 04:03:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Asher and me!

 
At 3/14/2007 06:36:00 PM, Blogger Dan Ponsen said...

No, it's Asher and I. If you are going to critique me on my blog, I would rather you do it in person or something...whoever you are. Please don't make these rude comments on my blog, it's not necessary!

 
At 3/18/2007 09:02:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, it IS Asher and ME!! You should look it up! Think about how you are using it. If you were saying something like...Asher and I went to the store...that would be correct, but when refering to who is in the picture, etc....you have to use me. Let's say somebody asks you "who's in the picture?' what do you say? You say Asher and me! Get it?? It's Grade 6 grammer and it's not that difficult!

 
At 3/19/2007 01:07:00 AM, Blogger Dan Ponsen said...

Well if that is the case then that's fine. But who do you think you are coming onto my blog and continue to bash what I write? I challenge you to come out in person and stop hiding behind this 'anonymous' profile of yours.You are one piece of work! I don't post so that people like you can just come on here and ruin what I have to say. I quote "Get a life!"

 
At 4/04/2007 10:05:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Once again Anonymous you astound me. You find so many faults with Dan's writing, and yet you don't seem to realize your own. Now it may be grade 6 grammar that Dan should learn, but maybe you should go back and see if you can get passed kindergarten first before you start talking middle school. It just seems that it is a little above your level. Keep on trying though, good grammar and spelling is very important

 
At 4/05/2007 11:00:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Dan has barely made any comments himself. Why is everyone else fighting his battle for him?

 
At 4/26/2007 01:14:00 PM, Blogger Sam said...

Asher and I are in these pictures.

These are pictures of Asher and me.

Depending on context, it goes either way.

Also, something about not being a cranky jerk?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home