Monday, February 26, 2007

Jays Spring Training Camp



So while I was in Florida, Joel, Ryan, Tim, and I went to the Toronto Blue Jays spring training opener. It was great to be there to see both the young, up and coming trying out as well as the stars of Reed Johnson, Vernon Wells, Alex Rios, and Frank Thomas hitting some balls to warm up for the season to come. We were among maybe 50 other Jays fans to see them come out for the first time this season. What a blast it was to see the talent Toronto has invested in, especially in the 'Big Hurt' of Frank Thomas(man that guy is huge!). So while we were there watching, we ended up meeting up with Hugh from City TV news. He's the sports analyst for the 6pm news. Hugh Burrill is probably my favourite news sports analyst out there(besides actual sports channel's news). After chatting with him for a bit, he decided to do an interveiw with us. It ended up that we actually made the 6pm news on Friday February 23, 2007. This is the link for Hugh's whole segment about the Jays and we are right in the middle of it. Enjoy!!!

2 Comments:

At 2/26/2007 01:44:00 PM, Blogger Lethal Interjection said...

Yeah, by an amazing stroke of luck I actually caught this story before you even mentioned it. I don't think I caught it at 6pm though, I think I caught it on the CityNews channel later that night.
It isn't everyday that you catch a friend on TV by accident.

 
At 3/04/2007 11:51:00 PM, Blogger craig said...

i need an autograph - er, well maybe two so i can sell the other on ebay.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home