Thursday, May 25, 2006

Baby Squirrels


So today at work, our crew was at our last site and I am pushmowing with another guy named John. John and I split up and I go to help him finish up the area where he was cutting, and he tells me about these two baby squirrels and how Steph picked one up and took it away for the time being and he picked up the other one and it bit him. Now, I know this isn't the most legal thing here, but it's only once.(I know, I know, it's no excuse...)After he tells me about this, I ask him about where the second one is and he points to it, so I go and pick it up. He's very cute and furry and such and eventually I put him back down to let him go. He stays in a tree bed while I keep cutting and then tries to commit suicide by almost running underneath my lawnmower...it's a good thing I saw him and was able to stop in time. When we were done, John runs back to the truck and brings the bucket that the first one was in and somehow gets the second one in there as well(I tried to get the second one a second time as well but he kept playing peak-a-boo with me underneath a car). So after all this hype, John shows them to someone who lives on the court and she let them go free, together, as brother/sister, sister/sister, or brother/brother, which ever, doesn't matter, they are together again! Well, that was the excitement for our day, and yes, these are the type of random things we do on our grass maintenance crew that keeps us entertained!!!

Have a great weekend,
Dan Ponsen
P.S. If you are graduating this weekend, congrats to all!

6 Comments:

At 5/27/2006 07:38:00 AM, Blogger detayl said...

awwww... that's so cute! LOL!

denise <><

 
At 5/28/2006 01:14:00 AM, Blogger Dan Ponsen said...

ya, it was a cute squirrel and I wish we had gotten a picture of us holding them, maybe they'll be around next week and we can take a picture, who knows...

 
At 6/06/2006 05:08:00 PM, Blogger Rachel said...

hehe - sounds like fun times on the maintance crew this year :) - remember the bunnies last year??

 
At 6/07/2006 09:38:00 PM, Blogger Dan Ponsen said...

ohh the bunnies....

 
At 6/13/2006 05:16:00 PM, Blogger brent g. miedema said...

oh yeah, always the rabbits. steph always managed to find a lot of those...

 
At 6/18/2006 08:08:00 PM, Blogger craig said...

awwww. that's nice.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home