Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Flying


I had a moment. Correction, several moments. Just this past Friday, I flew to Edmonton to visit some relatives and friends in Calgary. I must admit that I was as nervous as could be about flying because it's been so long (or at least felt like it) since I last flew. I boarded the plane from the tarmac and found my seat and sat down. I was lucky enough to have an empty seat beside me and a nice older man at the end of my row. We talked a little and I found out he was an accountant from Edmonton running a seminar with his daughter. Well, once we got in the air(taking off is such a cool feeling), things slowly started to look smaller and smaller. I then had my first moment.
How amazing it is that God created me and can number each hair on my head when ALL of this creation is under His superiority. How amazing the whole earth must have looked from his perspective after He created it. How amazing it must have been for Him to see how humanity has progressed over time. I am but a small human being in such a massive place and here I am flying over the earth. I got a view (though it was night) of the earth from a birds perspective and was completely humbled by it. God cares about each one of us. He calls for his children to come to Him despite our failings, He loves us for who we are. I have found that as I risk my life day in and day out whether it be driving, flying, or climbing cliff edges that I shouldn't be, I am learning more and more each day to put my complete trust in God. All of me, all of who I am, is His. For without Him, I am nothing. As the Apostle Paul writes, it is continually time for the old to leave and for the new to come out; put to death the old self and all the new self to be born again.
All this from a flight...it's amazing how God communicates with us

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home