Thursday, November 17, 2011

Flying Time and New Beginnings

Well, well, well. It's been almost 3 years since I have last posted on my blog. Where has time gone? Let me explain to you briefly what and where my life has gone and then I will get into the 'nitty gritty' of the new and very exciting stage of life that I have just started recently. After I went out west to Edmonton, I finished my schooling at Redeemer and graduated in the spring of 2009 with a BA in Religion/Theology(Youth Ministy) and a minor in Sociology. That summer/fall, I worked for 2 different landscaping companies and soon realized that I was bored and wasn't being challenged in landscaping the way I would've liked so, as a result of being layed off for the winter, I went on EI(unemployment). That winter, I started to ride around in a tow truck with someone I used to work in landscaping with because this is what he does now. I rode around with him that whole winter and decided that I could drive a tow truck. They had an opening and sure enough, I got the position. I was now a Tow Truck Driver. I was paid via commission and I spent ALOT of hours in the truck, more than what I thought I would. When people ask me how I liked my job...my response was always, "enjoyed the job but not the hours." I found it to be very stressful at times because the job took up so much of my time. I often said that between towing and volunteering in youth ministry at the church, they almost equaled 2 full time jobs.

While at Faith CRC, I spent 3 years volunteering with their youth group. These were 3 wonderful years with the youth. I loved every minute with them and they taught me so much. I went on my first mission trip with them, we had many fun activities, and we learned about God, ourselves, our neighbours, friends, and family. This little shout out is to all of you and Thanks for all that you have done and who you are. I wish you all the best!


This past summer, my sister got married. She and her husband, Shane, decided to have a destination wedding in the Dominican. Unfortunately, not a lot of people came but with those who did, we had a great time! I was blessed with having one of my best friends, Tim Dykstra, come. This was both of our first time down in the Carribbean and the weather did not disappoint. It was hot most days, with mainly sunny skies. I was able to partake in several adventures like scuba diving, going on a guided tour of the local area, and snorkeling.
The resort, The Majestic Colonial, also didn't disappoint. They hosted a beautiful ceremony for my sister and Shane and they took care of us. Our rooms were all right by the pool and everything was well within walking distance. It truly was a great experience.

This all leads up to what has happened to me over this past fall. In May 2011, I had a phone interview with a church called Dixons Corners Community CRC. I was shocked when the Pastor called me later that evening and said that they would like me to come and meet everyone in person and see the church for a weekend. I couldn't believe it. I went and met lots of people and was thrilled with the whole experience. Long story short, and after a couple interviews, I am now the new Youth Director of Community CRC! Very exciting! Life as a new Youth Director. Well, this is what I feel that God has called my life to, a life of Ministry and more specifically, youth ministry. I can't say too much as I have just started but so far, so good! Everyone has been so helpful with the transition of settling in to the new area. The church community has been a true blessing. The Youth Leaders here are so passionate to help the youth and their walks with Christ and just being there with and for them. Love it! I am excited to see where God will take me, the leaders, the youth, and this ministry. So, as I start this new adventure, I hope and plan to keep this blog updated more between fun events/adventures, Biblical posts, and whatever subjects just come to mind.

God has been SO Good! I am thankful for His many blessings and for the people He has placed in my life and how they have supported, blessed, and prayed for me over the years and even during this whole process. So, it's a long post but what do you expect when I haven't blogged anything for 3 years.

Cheers!

1 Comments:

At 11/18/2011 03:31:00 AM, Blogger Ang said...

Long story short, indeed! So excited about the new adventures God has for you :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home